Wednesday, August 6, 2014

i went to the beach.........beach.

(disclaimer: when posting beach segments, always *always* quote nicki)
~~~~
can you summer sans beach? is that even legal?
i feel like every life deserves a healthy dose of beach.
that is precisely why my friends (+sister) and I headed down to the quaint little beach town
of Cape May to explore its old-people-loveliness.

i've said it before and i'll shamelessly say it again, Cape May is my favorite beach town.
from working in the city every day...it's a much-needed transition to a comforting quietness.
there are of course, a lot of retired old people.
but i really enjoy old people so it's okay.

Cape May is also so small that even when you're a tourist, you can walk around the town, see the same
person twice, and they'll say hi to you like you're a local.
and that's one of my favorite parts.



we found this visually entertaining boutique right in the center of the town, filled with colorful clothing and midget-sized mannequins clothed in armor.


then, we went to one of the five million soap shops (because again, old people)
and bought some deliciously smelling soaps.

oh...and there were monkey farts.
mucho monkey farts.


the first time my family and i went to Cape May, i think i was around 14 years old.
my grandma just rented a house down there for a week and my mom, sister, and i made the
road trip down there to be with her and her friends for a few days.
and i remember everything very vividly.

i remember...
walking around the town with my grandmom and sister.
buying mountain dew-smelling soap.
eating cheesesteaks on the beach
renting a large tent and having a waiter bring us crackers and cheese
(i'm still not sure how that happpened)
these DEL-I-CIOUS lemon poppy seed cookies that
my sister and i have spent our hard-knocked lives trying to find.
having a huge breakfast every morning
and loving every aspect of being down there.






candid.

my sister just got off the boat from mexico, however she misses it dearly.

hired me as a life guard on the spot. had no choice but to be a hero.

i'm pretty sure my friends know they're beautiful. but in case a reminder was needed...




we out here.
 on the way home...we grubbed.

and creeped.

enjoy your summer,
m.p.